Prayerful or God-full?

>> Friday, December 5, 2008

As a child and as a teenager, I was very prayerful.

I knew God as someone who was in a far distant place, whose job was to listen to people's wish or problems. My prayers were really simple, the formula prayers. The more words I recite, the better. Praying was a means of telling God what i really wanted. It was also a way of asking him to take me out of any trouble.

In my spiritual renewal, i found out that I belong to God. I'm marked as "His" - that God is my Father and I'm His Son. He is a God who is ever present, not far away. Like a true Father, He provides for all my needs. He protects me and keeps me safe at all times. I've developed total dependence on Him for all my needs.

Right now, am still prayerful, but I'm no longer just saying my prayers. I surrender! I trust. I am with Him. I'm no longer filled by prayer, I'm filled with God because in my prayer time, I just don't do the talking. I take time to listen to what He wants to say. When my Father speaks, He speaks lovingly.

Lord, be a Father to me, let me experience today Your gentle Fatherhood even more.

3 comments:

jenni ho-huan December 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

Great! often prayer is a tool for us to use to get to or at God...but that totally misunderstands God's heart.. thanks for sharing that. much better to be God-full!!

ryel2008 December 9, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

You are right... because most of us thought that just because we are praying, we are already closer to God. If only we could go deeper... we will understand more how it is really to be closer to Him.

Thanks Jenni!

Punda Jazz@u February 24, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

thx rye for the explanation.. realy help 4 me. i realized that i need someone to take care of me. GOD.

Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP