The Imperfect Me...

>> Thursday, December 18, 2008

I just survived from a recent depression. Caused by so many disappointments, unanswered prayers and unmet expectations from friends and family. And because of such unfortunate events, I was left wondering if God really did exist and could ever hear my cry and hear my pleas.

If God really is God, then why all this agony? Sometimes I think that God takes perverse pleasure to see me suffer. Am I that unlovable that even God can't love me?

Then I started rebelling against Him. I was actually starting to doubt his existence. I stopped praying for a time, not even going to church to hear mass every Sunday as an act of rebellion. Though I continued serving Him, I was like a stiff robot. I knew I was drifting away. How can I love someone who can't love me?

Yet in all these, one truth kept coming back to me.

He still see me as His child.

A hurting child.

A rebellious child but a very precious one for Him.




Lord, accept my imperfections, my unfaithfulness, my imperfect love, my imperfect soul. Let me feel your love in your surprising ways!

5 comments:

eva December 18, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

hi. hope your feelin good now. smile.

Unknown December 18, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

I used to feel that way now...but as I reflect , after all the disappointments, hurts and sufferings, I have a purpose meant to glorify Him. Only when we're rubbed like sandpaper, we get to be smooth, refined and beautiful.

v December 18, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

i'm not religious but i feel like giving an advice: don't expect God to come to you but you need to go to Him. find Him and i hope u find peace as well ...

ryel2008 December 19, 2008 at 12:44 AM  

Thanks Eva, Bingkee and Lili11 for those very encouraging words...
Thank God, it is now part of my past... i survived that episode in my life.

Madz December 19, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

Hiya Ryel, just a little reminder for you: EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON! You may be feeling down, depressed, disappointed at the moment, but I know God heals your heartaches eventually.

He may be wanted you to realize something you have missed in your life. Sometimes, we just have to be sensitive behind the things God wanted us to experience..

GIVE THANKS IN EVERYTHING YOU ENCOUNTER...

Done adding this in my 3 blogs... Please check out your links:

http://madzlifesdiary.blogspot.com/
http://madzlifesknowledge.blogspot.com/
http://mybeachweddinginmauritius.blogspot.com/

Appreciate if you could add my 3 blogs on yours too. Thanks a lot...

GOD BLESS & MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP