I want to be rich!

>> Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sometimes I wonder why people want to be rich.

Just look around at all the miserable, unhappy, lonely, unsatisfied, bitter, suicidal, neurotic millionaires and billionaires in the world. Wealth isn't that great.

Now don't get me wrong.

I've got a few very rich friends who are happy. Delightfully so.

But when i look at them, I discovered that it's not because they get so much wealth that they're happy. It's because they give away so much wealth! They're a bunch of very generous people.

Riches are blessings from the Lord. But they're blessings for a specific purpose: To give away. If you don't share, you're thwarting the very purpose of what God has given you. It's like food. If you don't eat it now, it'll spoil. And if it spoils, it'll smell bad.

Go near a rich person who's greedy, totally selfish, and you'll smell something bad in his spirit. Even if he's wearing the most expensive perfume, his soul is rotting ~ and you'll smell his misery!

Me? I'd rather be rich in His eyes.


Lord, let me know how to handle wealth. Let me know the joy of giving away what You have given me.

0 comments:

Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP