FEAST OF ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST

>> Saturday, December 27, 2008


Today, December 27th is the Feast Day of St. John the Beloved.

Year 2006 when I commissioned a processional image for the holy week procession in our parish, and I chose St. John the Beloved or also known as St. John the Evangelist. Many had ask, why did i choose St. John the Evangelist, and i simply answered them with "Because our surname is Evangelista".

Its not really that easy to commission a processional image because for one, its quite expensive, 2nd it will really cost you a lot especially during holy week processions since you have to spend for the flower decoration for the caroza, the food, new wardrobe for the image and so many other. So I decided to ask the help of my relatives to help me finance the completion of the life size image of this saint as well as the yearly expenses for the holy week, and without so much explanation they agreed to help.

Now St. John the Evangelist has been part of my life since he came to our house. I always see to it that he's comfortable where he stands, if there's enough lighting at night or simply make sure that he wears his cape properly.

It is such a great blessing for my family to have him and to have God in the midst of us.

0 comments:

Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP