I did this because I love you...

>> Friday, December 19, 2008



How does it feel to be embraced?
Wonderful isn't it? It is like being cradled, and deep within your heart, it feels so good to listen to the breath of love. Oh, how lovely it is that someone loves you!

One day, the embarrassment of my past dawned on me as I prayed. And with this, I realized the sins I've committed because of a mistaken love and false gods.

I envisioned the nail on His right palm pierce deeper because of my sins. I recalled all the sins in my past and felt how much hurt I have brought him.

I looked at Jesus and saw fresh wounds.

I cried in shame. It seemed as if His wounded body was His way of showing me He was there for me - in the course of my sufferings.

On the cross, Jesus looked at me with so much love and on His lips were words of comfort: "I did this because I love you."

Hearing those words, it was as though my soul passed out -but graciously caught by the embrace of His love.

And in that embrace, I rested and was at peace.




Oh Lord, forgive me if I depend on other things that do not come from You. Wash me clean from these influences, Lord!

0 comments:

Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP