Tell the World of His Love - World Youth Day '95

>> Sunday, January 18, 2009


I just remember the last World Youth Day that was hosted by the Philippines, the very first time that an Asian country hosted the event.

Youth pilgrims gathered from different parts of the world to worship together, learn of each other's cultures, and to talk amongst one another as "brothers and sisters." The event was celebrated with different activities including a "Barrio Fiesta," where assigned groups would gather to socialize and have fun. Masses were celebrated everyday in almost every Catholic Church in the Philippines.

It was attended by more than 5 million pilgrims.

I remember i was still in my senior year in high school that time, all catholic churches were so busy preparing for the event as well as preparing something for their delegates. It was such an overwhelming experience. It is as if, I'll be more closer to God, to Christ, it is as if, we need to prepare because Christ is visiting that day.

I don't know if we will still have the chance to host the event, in my life time. I wish, I hope and I pray.



Please click the picture if you want to listen to the theme song of the World Youth Day 1995.

3 comments:

marco January 18, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

that was memorable

marco January 18, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

_marco_


www.marcospot.blogspot.com

www.estudyantenghectic.blogspot.com

Anonymous January 21, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP