My Father...

>> Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Since I was a small kid, I've been harboring feelings of bitterness, anger and hatred towards my Dad. Somehow, I felt that he didn't love me enough, the way he should have loved me.

As the years went on, little did I realize that these sentiments and grievances were leading me nowhere. I failed to see the goodness of God for all the good things that he has given me, and instead, just chose to dwell on my feelings of resentment.

Then came the turning point.

I allowed God to completely take over my life and banish from my heart all pride, all coldness, al hurts that have sund in deep down. At that point, I was able to experience true love, and unconditional one, and learned to trust Him totally.

Yes, my father loved me after all. But more than this, my Heavenly Father loved me from the beginning - even during times when I'd question Him and doubt His ove.




Lord, forgive me for the times I doubted Your presense in my life. I am sorry for my unbelief. May I learn to trust in You alone!

2 comments:

Madz January 9, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

Hi Rye, thanks to have bumped in here again! God bless you more in sharing all your inspiring thoughts...

This story sounds familiar to me, as it happened to us too, the trouble was not only me who felt the same, my other 3 sisters too. God did an amazing way to have left everything behind and forget everything... and we soon realized that we are loved..

HE HEALS AND CURE EVERYTHING, nothing is impossible with God, He's awesome!!

ryel2008 January 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Thanks Madz and Hapi!

Yes Madz, sometimes we just tend to misunderstood our father... but yes, they have their unique way of telling us that they love us...

Hapy, i'll sure add you to my blogroll too!

Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP